Bills..bills...& a Surprise from the Almighty!
Assalamualaikum w.b.t,
Here's another totally enlightening experience from meself which happened about 2 weeks ago...can't believe how many of these enlightening stuff have been popping up in my life these days...
Nyways, it started when I got our electricity bill (sorry house-mate, hafta involve u in this story.. again..). In short the bill was a SHOCK cos it stated $171.00..which was extremely high for a 2-bedroom apartment like mine..everyone else's bill averaged only about $70, what with the extra $100?!?!!
The first thing that came to my mind was that it must have been caused by my house-mate forgetting to switch off the heater once...and what a coincidence that when I entered the house, her heater was on...she forgot to switch it off again! I was pretty angry by that time, but tried to stay calm about it.
When she came back I told her about the bill and sorta told her off about the whole heater thingie..telling her to be careful next time. I think the only thing that stopped me from blasting then was my iman. 'It's alright,,I told myself,,she didn't do it on purpose anyway..'.
How funny to think about it now cos I was telling some friends about my 'crazily-high-elect-bill', feeling all the poorer and one of them actually offered to keep my eftpos (bank) card so that I can't draw money out (strategies to save..they say..heheeh)
That night, I was thinking about the problem, worried that my relationship with my house-mate would be affected by it...that's when it dawned upon me that it may be a test from Allah for both of us...knowing that we might be house-mates for the next few years or so, maybe Allah just wants to test my patience and see if I can cope with a problem such as this, and if our friendship would endure even when faced with such a thing. After this heavy thought, I felt much better...finally accepting that it was nobody's fault, and it could have well been me who forgot to switch off the heater...or I might forget to do so in the future...
Days went by and one day we got a call from the administration saying that there's been a discrepancy in out bill..hmm..well we didn't expect that much difference in the amount,,probably just a few dollars..(but of course deep inside I had a 50% hope that it will actually be muchx10 cheaper than $171!)
Well guess what happened? When I went to the admin to clarify our bill, they gave me a new bill....totalling only $71...a $100 less than the previous bill!!! I was virtually leaping inside!
What actually happened?!? Apparently they made a random check on our bills, and our apartment was one of the chosen ones, and they found out that they had a problem with the reading or something...and I literally saved $50 off my savings...*phew***
Was this Allah's reward for my patience and acceptance towards His test? I personally think that it is true that it really was a test from the Almighty...and I felt like I was smacked right in my face-for feeling ungrateful at first..
And btw, I cancelled the plan to give my friend my eftpos card...but that doesn't give me the right to spend more than I should, does it? HEhehE ;)
Here's another totally enlightening experience from meself which happened about 2 weeks ago...can't believe how many of these enlightening stuff have been popping up in my life these days...
Nyways, it started when I got our electricity bill (sorry house-mate, hafta involve u in this story.. again..). In short the bill was a SHOCK cos it stated $171.00..which was extremely high for a 2-bedroom apartment like mine..everyone else's bill averaged only about $70, what with the extra $100?!?!!
The first thing that came to my mind was that it must have been caused by my house-mate forgetting to switch off the heater once...and what a coincidence that when I entered the house, her heater was on...she forgot to switch it off again! I was pretty angry by that time, but tried to stay calm about it.
When she came back I told her about the bill and sorta told her off about the whole heater thingie..telling her to be careful next time. I think the only thing that stopped me from blasting then was my iman. 'It's alright,,I told myself,,she didn't do it on purpose anyway..'.
How funny to think about it now cos I was telling some friends about my 'crazily-high-elect-bill', feeling all the poorer and one of them actually offered to keep my eftpos (bank) card so that I can't draw money out (strategies to save..they say..heheeh)
That night, I was thinking about the problem, worried that my relationship with my house-mate would be affected by it...that's when it dawned upon me that it may be a test from Allah for both of us...knowing that we might be house-mates for the next few years or so, maybe Allah just wants to test my patience and see if I can cope with a problem such as this, and if our friendship would endure even when faced with such a thing. After this heavy thought, I felt much better...finally accepting that it was nobody's fault, and it could have well been me who forgot to switch off the heater...or I might forget to do so in the future...
Days went by and one day we got a call from the administration saying that there's been a discrepancy in out bill..hmm..well we didn't expect that much difference in the amount,,probably just a few dollars..(but of course deep inside I had a 50% hope that it will actually be muchx10 cheaper than $171!)
Well guess what happened? When I went to the admin to clarify our bill, they gave me a new bill....totalling only $71...a $100 less than the previous bill!!! I was virtually leaping inside!
What actually happened?!? Apparently they made a random check on our bills, and our apartment was one of the chosen ones, and they found out that they had a problem with the reading or something...and I literally saved $50 off my savings...*phew***
Was this Allah's reward for my patience and acceptance towards His test? I personally think that it is true that it really was a test from the Almighty...and I felt like I was smacked right in my face-for feeling ungrateful at first..
And btw, I cancelled the plan to give my friend my eftpos card...but that doesn't give me the right to spend more than I should, does it? HEhehE ;)

<< Home